Sunday 28 June 2009

Modelling the Railways of...

I have just sent off my forms and payments for two model railway conventions coming up in the next couple of months.

The first is "Modelling the Railways of NSW". This event will be held on Saturday 25th July at Loftus TAFE (a new venue) but I confess to always thinking of this convention as the "Petersham Convention". I've put my name down for a couple of interesting presentations, including DCC & sound, transporting milled agricultural produce, and the way in which water was collected and distributed for steam locomotives on the NSW railways.

The other convention I will be attending is Modelling the Railways of South Australia. This convention will be held in Adelaide (at the Flinders Medical Centre) on Saturday 19th September, a week later than usual. Presentations on offer at this convention include SAR signal boxes, the 600 class Pacific steam locomotive, and oil depots, among others. I hope to take some extra time off to go exploring prior to the convention with some life size railway photography.

I am looking forward to the presentations at both the conventions, as well as the conversations with other modellers and members of the hobby trade. If you haven't been to either of these two conventions, on past experience, I can thoroughly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment