Friday 2 October 2009

Sydney Model Railway Exhibition

This weekend I am off to the Sydney Model Railway Exhibition at Liverpool. I am also going to the NMRA Convention at Castle Hill in Sydney. It will be a huge weekend, including layout visits on Monday and Tuesday!

The Sydney Model Railway Exhibition is one of the biggest in Australia, and possibly one of the best. I always look forward to this exhibition to catch up with friends, see lots of layouts, buy the odd item or two from the trade stands, and generally take in the model railway atmosphere. You can see what layouts and trade stands will be present from the floor plan.


I can see from the floor plan that there are some layouts I have seen before (Eskbank, for example) and some new ones (or one's I don't remember!) too. There is a feast of trade stands as well, always well worth visiting to see what's available and what might be tempting to purchase.

The NMRA Convention is on this weekend too. I am still deciding on the logistics as to where and when I will get to the exhibition and the convention. I still haven't fixed the times and places yet, although I have a three hour drive from Canberra to Sydney tomorrow morning to think about it.

Wherever I am over the weekend, track me down and say hello!

No comments:

Post a Comment