Sunday 30 May 2010

Preparing for the Epping Model Railway Exhibition

The Epping Model Railway Exhibition will be taking place in Sydney over the holiday weekend of 12-14 June at "The Brickpit Sports Stadium" at Thornleigh. It's a new venue for the exhibition this year; previous years being held at Epping Boys' High School. Having visited the stadium a few times before when I used to live nearby, I can say that the exhibition space should be excellent. There is also plenty of undercover parking as well, something that might be very much appreciated if the Sydney rain continues over the long weekend. The exhibition opens each day at 10am but the queue starts much earlier than that!

The exhibition is always worth a visit, with a good selection of layouts and commercial stands in attendance (read my report from last year). This exhibition is also renowned for its second-hand stall. As such, I have been preparing for the second-hand stall by assembling a range of "surplus" locomotives and rolling stock to sell at the exhibition. I sent my list off last Friday to meet the first deadline from the organisers.

Most of what I will be trying to sell is from my Union Pacific period, a time when I collected some locos and an assortment of box cars and tank cars simply because I liked the look of them. Nearly all of them have never been out of the box. The lesson here is to think twice, and then think again, before buying trains just because you like the look of them!

And what second-hand sale wouldn't be complete these days if I didn't try and sell a couple of Lima locomotives? I will try to sell my Victorian Railways S class and B class diesels at a bargain price!

I will be at the exhibition on Saturday (12 June) and possibly back again on Monday afternoon (14 June). I look forward to catching up with friends and meeting new people at that time. Hope to see you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment